NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS MOVIE NIGHT: JACK SKELLINGTON TREATS
We made these Jack Skellington treats from the Nightmare Before Christmas for fun, not an advertisement, but this post does include Amazon affiliate links. This means if you click through, we may earn a small commission.
We like fast, we like easy – but we love it when it’s cute too, and Nightmare before Christmas themed. This year [and this is not an advertisement] ASDA really upped their marshmallow game. JACK SKELLINGTON MARSHMALLOWS. So after I bought about four bags of them, we decided to make some foolproof, fun treats that everyone could make and enjoy. We’ve saved some marshmallows for our Jack Skellington Breakfast this year, but the boys are desperate to make their own faces on theirs and so we’ve got some edible food markers too. Each treat took about 2 minutes to make – here’s how!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR JACK SKELLINGTON TREATS
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS JACK SKELLINGTON INGREDIENTS
The instructions are in the recipe card below, so the photos accompany it.
Tip: Pop the head marshmallow on securely but be careful not to thread it through the head and out the other side. That would be horrible for Jack. Haha. Tie a little piece of ribbon underneath. This is easier to do before the pretzels are on.
STEP TWO: CONNECT THE HEAD TO THE NECK BONE
I’m starting to sing “Them Bones” now.
STEP THREE: THEM BONES, THEM BONES
STEP FOUR: REPEAT
STEP FIVE: TREAT YOURSELF TO JACK SKELLINGTON
JACK SKELLINGTON TREATS PRETZEL AND MARSHMALLOW SNACKS
- Sticks [BBQ Skewers or long dowels]
- Ribbon for bow ties
- Regular Sized marshmallows for the head or ASDA’s already decorated Jack Marshmallows
- Edible Marker if you don’t have already decorated head marshmallows
- Small marshmallows
- White chocolate covered pretzels 1tbspRegular Sized marshmallows for the head or ASDA's already decorated Jack Marshmallows
- STEP ONE: THE HEAD
- Pop the head marshmallow on securely but be careful not to thread it through the head and out the other side.
- Tie a little piece of ribbon underneath.
- STEP TWO: CONNECT THE HEAD TO THE NECK BONE
- Take a little marshmallow and pierce it with the bottom of the stick.
- Roll the marshmallow gently up to underneath Jack’s chin. This is his neck.
- STEP THREE: ADD THE RIB BONES
- Pop a pretzel on carefully as some of the chocolate came off our pretzels very easily.
- Then add two more mini marshmallows underneath to keep the pretzel in place, and give enough space between pretzel bones.
- STEP FOUR: REPEAT
- Add a pretzel and two marshmallows at a time as you go down his rib cage. Add until you’re happy! Finish the treat with a few mini marshmallows snug up against the underneath of the last pretzel.
- STEP FIVE: TREAT YOURSELF TO JACK SKELLINGTON
ENJOY! We’ll be displaying ours at our Jack Skellington Breakfast this year. Hopefully there will be one left for me! You could make these for halloween, movie nights and birthday parties!
…wondering where we will be this Halloween 2020?….
oh I love these and i will give them a try myself