AHOY MATEYS: JAKE’S MIGHTY COLOSSUS HIGH SEAS ADVENTURE PLAYSET
We’re a Disney family. Disney wedding, Disney honeymoon, Disney babies – and now Disney toys. Father Christmas delivered a living room full of Jake and the Neverland pirates to two very excited little boys last year – and recently we were lucky enough to be given the newest addition to the adventures of the pirate crew – Captain Jake’s Mighty Colossus High Seas Adventure. The set contains the enormous Toy Ship, a brand new design Captain Jake, Lord Fathom and a little set of accessories. My boys gathered their mateys, set up Neverland downstairs and launched the new ship! Anchors away!
Click here for our Toy Review Catalogue to read our reviews before you buy!
- That the front opens! The ship is so accessible and more like a dolls house style so the boys can play merrily alongside each other without having to try and fight over a dungeon or a small door.
- It’s HUGE! This is a real, appropriately sized playset. There’s no crowding or crying that one of the boys has it and the others can’t join in.
- The cannons. They are so much fun for little ones – being able to fire little coconut missiles really brings the play to life.
- That the toy was released to coincide with the new adventure – all too often, new toys are too slow in being released and seem to be an afterthought – we’ve had so many re-enactments of the new episode which has in turn sparked renewed interest in their collection from last year. It’s bought old toys to life.
- No batteries are needed. Hooray!
- The ladder and rigging were permanent fixtures – they remove easily and either are lost or I’m having to replace them about ten times over.
- The flag was also fixed or moulded. Every one from the Jake series is removable and as a consequence I get a telling off when I replace them on the wrong vessel or hideaway.
- It didn’t fall over as easily – a wider base would be helpful.
|*Cough* Yes, I’ll play with it too….|
Would we buy it? Of course. We trust Disney toys to provide the boys with fantastic opportunities for role play and conversation, and Fisher-Price really delivers value for money with the quality of toy and the durability.