4th July Breakfast Waffles – a fast, fruity and fun way to celebrate Independence day in the USA!
Hey, friends! We have so many American friends that it felt wrong not to celebrate 4th July with them this year, especially since we missed going to see them in Walt Disney World last year. Today we had a fun and fruity breakfast in the red, white and blue spirit of Old Glory! A few weeks ago we made Star Spangled 4th July Chips ‘n’ Dip, and they were so good, and so were our 4th July Strawberry Cake Jars. Mmmm….it’s been a tasty celebration.
Patriotic Breakfast Waffles
This is the fastest, simplest breakfast ever – and gets at least one of their five a day into their tummies ready for the day.
For your 4th July Breakfast Waffles, you will need:
- Toaster Waffles – rectangular like the flag.
- Two Punnets of Raspberries
- One punnet of Blueberries
- Double Cream [whipping cream] or aerosol cream
- Toaster/Grill – make sure your toaster doesn’t cremate things randomly like mine.
- Piping Bag and Nozzle if you’re using double whipping cream
- Bowl and Whisk for the whipping cream
How to make your Independence Day Breakfast Waffles
Whisk the double cream until it peaks and pop into piping bag ready to go, or have your can of aerosol cream ready.
Toast your waffles, and pop them on a plate.
Slice your strawberries so that they fit into one row of the waffle and layer the strawberry slices [or raspberries] out in 3/4 of the waffle.
Layer the blueberries out to fill the other 1/4 by popping one in each hole, like the photo
Pipe or squirt cream between to make the white stripes of the flag.
Independence Day Breakfast
And you’re done – that’s all it takes. You can make your own waffles of course if you have a waffle maker, but if you have three hungry children, a few minutes in the toaster or under the grill is often much easier.
4th July Breakfast Waffles
- Piping Bag and Nozzle
- Bowl and Whisk
- 6 Toaster Waffles – rectangular like a flag
- 1 punnet Blueberries
- 1 punnet Raspberries
- 1 tub Cream – Double Cream or if you prefer, squirty aerosol cream.
- Whisk the cream until it peaks and pop into piping bag ready.
- Layer the raspberries out in 3/4 of the waffle
- Layer the blueberries out to fill the other 1/4
- Pipe or squirt cream between to make the white stripes of the flag.