This post has been sponsored by ASDA’s Extra Special Range. We love and shop there every week and it’s a pleasure to work with them!
It’s so nearly Valentine’s Day! Valentine’s Day is extra special in our house. I have the best, and most painful memories of two particular Valentine’s days when I’ve been in
We’re so excited, and so deliciously delighted this year to be celebrating by creating a
Extra Special Shop
The ASDA Extra Special range is, as far as we’ve sampled over the last two decades, extremely delicious. There are some items we regularly buy from the range each week, and quite a few we still have to try – but whilst they can be indulgent, they’re affordable – and the choices we’ve made have always tasted worth it, which I think is the most important part. Our meal for the five of us, three courses came in less than £40!
- ASDA Extra Special Aberdeen Angus Burgers [x3] £9
- ASDA Extra Special Vintage Red Fox Red Leicester £2.50
- ASDA Extra Special Jumbo King Prawns [Frozen] £2.98
- ASDA Extra Special Freshly Squeezed Cloudy Lemonade £2
- ASDA Extra Special Spanish Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil £3
- ASDA Extra Special Mini Plum Tomatoes and On the Vine £2.50
- ASDA Extra Special
- ASDA Extra Special Marabel Potatoes £2
- ASDA Extra Special Oak Smoked Dry Cured Pancetta [x2] £4
- ASDA Extra Special Bramley Apple Pie £2.50
- ASDA Extra Special Madagascan Vanilla Ice Cream £2.00
- ASDA Peppers 99p
- ASDA Red Onions 70p
- ASDA Baker’s Selection Burger Buns [x2] £1.38
- ASDA Mild Mixed Salad Leaves £1
- ASDA Taste of Japan Teriyaki Sauce £1
So, these aren’t all of the items we bought for our meal. We were invited to create a
Extra Special Starter
The first course we decided on was the starter. ASDA Extra Special King Prawns on skewers. Jensen loves prawns and we don’t have them often enough, and he was all giddy when he saw the bag of King Prawns emerging from the freezer. We marinated them in a teriyaki sauce and popped them onto little bamboo arrows which Hero and I cut out. Hero was impressed with himself so much if you saw our stories. My original plan had been to make them look like little hearts on the arrows but honestly, if you’ve ever tried to get a prawn not to curl up on the griddle, it’s like wrestling a teeny bear. So they were curled and happy. And SO tasty. And yes, Jensen ate most of them just like he guzzles anything that swims in the sea.
Extra Special Main Course
Gav was most excited about the main course. Burgers. Burgers might not seem romantic to many people but on the basis that people with full tummies are happy, loved people, the ASDA Extra Special Aberdeen Angus burgers were chosen along with some of our
Extra Special Dessert
So we had to wait a while after dinner for dessert because we were all
And that was our very Extra Special, completely beyond delicious Valentine’s meal in our house. We celebrated our special day, and love for each other and filled our tummies too.