I didn’t quite believe it when the press release came through. Normally I sigh at press releases as they’re so impersonal for me as a family blogger – but this one tugged at my heart strings. The silliest of old bears really IS old. He’s 90. NINETY. The best bear in all the world. Happy 90th birthday, Winnie the Pooh!
I can’t tell you how often I sing “Blustery Day” to myself as I’m walking to collect the boys from school in the Autumn winds, or sung, “I’m so rumbly, in my tumbly” stood at the pantry. He’s part of our lives – and his stories have entertained me, the mister, and our little boys for at least 40 years – which is why I can’t quite believe he’s ninety. I wish I’d asked my Granny if she read him too. I’ll bet she did.
We’re heading out to our own Hundred Acre wood tomorrow for a little party to celebrate – and for today, here’s a little peep at some of the Pooh Bear products you can fill your home and heart with, to celebrate the special day!
Happy 90th birthday, Winnie the Pooh…You silly old bear.
1. Winnie the Pooh balloon spot plate, Cath Kidston
2. Bee Prepared Honey and Orange Blossom Handwash, MAD Beauty
3. Pooh Ticket Holder [Perfect for blogging conferences and press trips!] Cath Kidston
4. Balloon Spot Pooh Baby Clothing, Cath Kidston
5. Winnie the Pooh Baby Blocks, Marks & Spencer
6. Pooh Overnight Bag, Cath Kidston [We may have just bought this]
7. Piglet Plush, Marks & Spencer
8. Waddle and Follow Pooh and Piglet, Tomy
9. Eeyore Medium Soft Toy [we have this and he is SO cuddly and soft!] Disney Store – buy one, get one for £1.99
10. The House at Pooh Corner, A.A. Milne