This week we’ve been lucky enough to attend an absolutely fantastic firework and laser show at Drayton Manor Park – something we haven’t done in years, and we have the most amazing memories to treasure for years to come. Sadly for some, Bonfire night and fireworks experiences aren’t as wonderful as they should be – and sometimes they end in pain and even tragedy. November is Fireman Sam’s Safety Month – and as well as keeping the residents of Pontypandy safe, he has some tips to help keep his fans safe too.
As Fireman Sam is a favourite of ours, we love working with him to raise awareness of safety precautions that we all can take to make sure we have the happiest of times that don’t end in tears or more.
This Bonfire Night, read Fireman Sam’s Safety Month top tips for staying safe at Hallowe’en and Bonfire festivities:
1) Light fireworks at arm’s length and NEVER go back to a lit firework.
2) Always keep children a safe distance from fireworks.
3) Keep well away from bonfires and ensure that children are supervised at all times. Pets are best kept indoors.
4) Always wear gloves when handling sparklers and hold at arm’s length. Once finished, put in a bucket of water.
5) Finally, ensure you attend a well-organised fireworks display!
You can watch the rest of Fireman Sam’s videos here: Fireman Sam Top Safety Tips