Pre-eclampsia strikes. It looks as though, unless Seahorse decides that he naturally wants to come out now, that very soon he will be arriving. Today I visited the midwife for my 39 week appointment.
Our Little Blue Seahorse is very happy in my uterus, very excitable and moving around (I got to feel his arms and legs today!) in there, but my glucose is ++++ and it should only be trace at worst, not even +. This apparently means that something is not working correctly in me, and can also mean that the glucose is being stored on the placenta and making it less efficient, and that it is just causing Seahorse to store more fat across him in his last weeks inside me.
After much chasing of consultants, it has been decided that I need to be rechecked for glucose on Thursday and if it isn’t less than ++ upon retesting then blood tests will be ran to determine what is happening in there.
I also am now due to see the big baby/blood pressure consultant again this week in view of what has been happening with my blood pressure but the likelihood is that they will induce me if things haven’t changed.
I’m feeling more settled than I was 2 and a half weeks ago when this was first mentioned to me, and if that’s the safest way to go we’ll be doing that; I’m just sad not to let my body take control of the situation completely and also that Seahorse won’t get to choose his own birthday. Still, we are much happier to be safe.
On palpating my uterus today, Seahorse is tucked up happily and has his head right tucked in, nearly falling off the front of my pelvis. He’s 2/5 in (although that changes a lot) and very happy and excitable. I’m going to be seeing my boy soon! I better check my bags are all in proper order.