22 In Celebrating/ Family Life/ Gardening, Growing, Fun with Flowers

IT’S TEA PARTY SEASON

I like to think it’s a gene my boys have inherited from me – a love of tea parties.  My mom has the fondest memories of my little backyard tea parties when I was a little girl – apparently I gave her teeny cups of fruit squash tea faster than Sue Ellen Ewing could imbibe them.
In any case, we had a little time to ourselves after our guests left us last weekend and thanks to the very delightful Nila Holden we decided to enjoy some cookies outside for a little treat.

Getting them to look angelic is beyond me now – so I let them eat the cookies and just be.

At least one of my boys still offers me cookies. Aww. Hero, you’re the sweetest little boy.

A friend of mine asked me recently if I dress my boys purposefully to take photographs of them.  Today they were all wearing girls’ jeans from Next.  I have a bit of a bib and braces obsession for little boys [and big boys, but the mister won’t wear them sadly] and when I searched their site for something to match their little linen shirts, these came up.  They had the perfect flowery braces and my boys LOVE flowers.  Plus, there are teeny mice hidden amongst the flowers.  Anyway, yes, I do.

Since this is our second tea party, following in the steps of our Easter Bunny Eggstravaganza, it must officially be Back Garden Tea Party Season!  I’m looking forward to seeing more outdoor parties for my Britmums Party Inspiration Round up too – if you have a post, please email it to me on keepupwiththejonesfamilyblog@gmail.com.

You Might Also Like

22 Comments

Masshole Mommy
    May 2, 2016 at 9:51 AM

I am a grown woman and I Have never been to a tea party before. I love that your boys love them and you are doing this with them.

Angelic Sinova
    May 2, 2016 at 10:22 AM

Aww, your boys are just the cutest! I LOVED having tea parties with my sister when I was a kid. Even though I'm 24 now, I still LOVE tea parties (even though I ironically don't care to much for tea!).

Alli Smith
    May 2, 2016 at 11:29 AM

I remember loving tea parties when I was growing up. I haven't been to one in a long time and those cookies look so tasty. Of course, your boys are adorable! Great photos!!

Terri Beavers
    May 2, 2016 at 12:13 PM

I love tea parties, being invited to them and hosting them. There is a bed n breakfast near me that I book for tea parties as well.

Six Time Mommy TEST
    May 2, 2016 at 1:10 PM

What fun! these are such gorgeous photos. Would love to have a tea party with my kiddos we haven't done something like that in forever! – Jeanine

Jennifer EngineerMommy
    May 2, 2016 at 1:31 PM

I love having tea and tea parties! I probably drink a few cups of tea per day. I'm thinking about having a tea party theme for my daughter's birthday this year.

Alyssa Collazo
    May 2, 2016 at 2:04 PM

I love a good tea party! My first and only one I went to was when I was a teenager and to this day, I always think about it. It's about time I give my daughters a tea party to remember!

Brandy Ellen
    May 2, 2016 at 2:32 PM

Tea parties are so much fun, I really enjoy the imagination behind a tea party. There is so much you can do with a tea party for both kids and adults. I am in love with your beautiful photos.

Tori Gabriel
    May 2, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Awww, my girls love having a tea party. My Toddler made me put belts round her soft toy cats necks to look like collars. Then she poured imaginary cups and took one to my husband saying "tea for Daddy". Then she poured mine "and Mummy has Coke!" Think she knows about my soda habit.

Liz Mays
    May 2, 2016 at 8:12 PM

What a fun way to spend some time with the kids. It looks like they loved those treats!

Jen Walshaw
    May 2, 2016 at 8:32 PM

I love these pictures and the flowers are great, We love tea parties, in fact we had afternoon tea this afternoon

Brittany
    May 3, 2016 at 1:07 AM

This post is adorable!! I think your blog is absolutely beautiful and love the photography!

MJ Jacks
    May 3, 2016 at 2:03 AM

I still remember having tea parties with my cousins as a little girl. I can't wait to plan my daughter's tea party themed birthday party. Your kids look like they had a great time.

Bella
    May 3, 2016 at 2:16 AM

Tea parties are so much fun, especially this time of year. It looks like they had a blast, can't wait to have the first one of the season.

Jaclyn Anne
    May 3, 2016 at 2:36 PM

You have such a beautiful family! I love the idea of having tea parties, although I never actually have them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cheap Is The *New* Classy
    May 3, 2016 at 5:19 PM

I don't think you had any trouble getting them to look angelic. They were doing a pretty good job of it just enjoying the cookies!

Bonnie Gowen
    May 4, 2016 at 1:03 AM

This is so cute. I should have a tea party sometime too. Sounds like fun.

Rika Agustini
    May 4, 2016 at 5:07 AM

Beautiful photography! Tea parties are fun, especially during spring/summer

Michelle Ashmore
    May 4, 2016 at 7:09 AM

We don't have tea parties often enough. I'll have to change that because my girls would love it!

Cass@TheDiaryofaFrugalFamily
    May 4, 2016 at 7:43 AM

Oh, they're just gorgeous – what lovely pictures!

You can't beat a good old tea party in the garden can you x

Kara Guppy
    May 4, 2016 at 4:43 PM

I love the photos – it looks so pretty and lots of fun!

Kizzy Bass
    May 5, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Beautiful photos and what a lovely idea.